The promotion of the moral or spiritual welfare and improvement of the community.
- London Sharad Utsav: An annual four-day programme of religious and cultural events held at Ealing Town Hall.
- Fagun Fest: An annual a music, arts, and food festival celebrating the Bengali Poush Mela
- Harrow Music Festival: Annual event where local UK and Indian artists present Indian musical and dance performances.
- Cricket Festival: Annual cricket league for community cricket teams.
- IFA Shield: Annual community football league
The promotion of crafts and craftsmanship and the preservation of historical traditions.
- LSU supports Indian folk art and artisans through exhibitions and talks in London.
- As a partner of the Bengal Heritage Foundation, LSU promotes preserving heritage sites in the UK and in India
- LSU promotes tourism initiatives linked to Heritage sites both in India and in the UK
The provision of places of worship and raising awareness and understanding of religious practices.
- Annual four-day religious and cultural Durga Puja festival at Ealing Town Hall.
- The Nelson Hall at Ealing serves as the space for the religious ceremony and congregational worship.
- The festival is open to all members of the public and we offer free lunch and dinner on all four days of the festival.
- LSU supports London Kalibari of Harrow and Sanskriti of Reading in their annual Kali Puja (Diwali) festivals.
The promotion of volunteering and the voluntary sector.
- LSU supports several UK charity organizations like London Kalibari of Harrow, Sanskriti of Reading, and CBC of Croydon.
- We also work with several Indian charity organisations such as Banchbo, Sabuj Sangha, Calcutta Rescue, Magic Bus, and SEEEFI.